Living in London
London's art gems: 5 unmissable museums
If you've just moved to London and you love art, you're in for a treat. London is not just about double-decker buses and Big Ben; it's also a hub of art and culture. Let's dive into five great museums you must check out:
1. Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A): The V&A is like a treasure chest of art, design, and fashion. It's not just paintings on walls; you'll find everything from ancient sculptures to contemporary fashion trends. Perfect for a bit of inspiration for your own creative projects.
2. Barbican: This one's for all you architecture and artsy folks. The Barbican is an architectural wonder in itself. With your Student Art Pass, you can explore the Barbican Centre, where you'll find art exhibitions, concerts, and even a tropical conservatory! It's an eclectic mix of arts and culture that's bound to leave you inspired.
3. Saatchi Gallery: Located in the heart of Chelsea, the Saatchi Gallery is all about contemporary art. You'll see some mind-bending installations and thought-provoking pieces that will make you look at art in a whole new way.
4. Tate Modern: For the modern art enthusiasts among us, the Tate Modern is a must-visit. It's home to works by some of the world's most famous artists, like Picasso and Warhol. You can spend hours here exploring everything from abstract art to surrealism.
5. Hayward Gallery: If contemporary art installations are your jam, the Hayward Gallery should be your next stop. It's known for hosting some of the coolest exhibitions in London.
We've saved all of them in our handy Insta Guide. So check it out here
Whether you're into classical art, contemporary design, or mind-bending installations, London's got it all. Take a break from the textbooks, gather your friends, and embark on an artsy adventure. And if you discover that a trip to the museum is your go-to destressing activity, why not treat yourself to a £10 Student Art Pass? It will give you a year of free or reduced-price entry to hundreds of museums, galleries and historic houses, and 50% off major exhibitions.
- Read Next
- International Students Tips: Halal Food in London Caring for Your Mental Health: Cold Seasons Earn £10 - Be Part of our Focus Group Elevate Your LSE Student Experience with Yoga Navigating London: Tips from an International Student Study Spots: Unveiling the Best Places Near North London Halls Worldclass ballet on student budget Student Budget-friendly meals: Cooking with pasta Best Alcohol-Free Things to do in London: Winter Edition Student Vlog: Martina's first week
- Catered halls weekly menu Our halls guest policy Packing essentials - student halls edition Where can I find support? How to do your Laundry: LSE and UoL Halls Edition Connecting to Wi-Fi when you arrive Banned items in your hall Complete your hall induction Lilian Knowles House accommodation tour Halls Pilates (High Holborn)