Banned items in your hall
When moving away from home for the first time, many students try to take everything with them. To help you pack just what you need, we've made a list of the banned items across our halls of residence.
Please don't bring the following items with you, they're not allowed in halls:
- candles, incense sticks, or anything with a naked flame
- flammable materials
- additional furniture
- fairy lights
- weapons (such as knives, martial arts weapons and air weapons)
- illegal items (for example drugs and banned substances)
Deep fat fryers are banned from halls. Cooking in bedrooms and common areas is not allowed. You can always check here what we provide in your room and flat.
- Read Next
- Moving in to King's Cross The best things to do in London In Conversation with Olivia Umurerwa Rutazibwa Talk to a Peer Supporter Berlin Festive Trip Volunteer on a Sustainability Campaign! Lightopia London Ice Skating at QUEENS skate dine bowl London Eye Experience Mamma Mia!
- Day Trip to Cambridge & tour Berlin Festive Trip Phantom of Opera Theatre Trip Catered halls weekly menu Where can I find support? Packing essentials - student halls edition Get-Together Escape Room The Crucible London Experience: Halloween Theme