Living in London
International Students Tips: Halal Food in London
As a Muslim student coming to London for the first time, you must be thinking, will I find halal food? Will it be easy? Will I have to look at ingredients for everything I want to eat? All of these questions are valid and I had the same concerns when I first moved to London in September. However, a great thing about London is that it is a multicultural hub. There is something here for everyone, you just have to look in the nooks and crannies - down below are a few places to get you started.
Tariq Halal Meats
Visit in store or order online, they have a wide selection of meat from lamb to turkey. They have ready made meals for if you are feeling lazy along with frozen goods for you to oil fry or air fry. They have marinated meat available for you with a wide selection of spices and home-made sauces. Their website is fully equipped to cater to your cravings.
- Various Locations (UK)
- Number: +44 (0) 208 9089440
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A supermarket which has storage boxes, knives, halal meat and all the halal snacks that you could think of? Yes please! They have a variety of meat available in store and can cut it according to your liking. They have fresh fruit and vegetables on display everyday. Us as students need to keep our diet healthy so along with the healthy protein, be sure to check out Noor Supermarket to stock up on your favourite fruits and vegetables.
- Location: 204-206 Edgware Rd, London W2 1DH
- Number: +44 (0) 7563 333133
The most flavourful sauces with a range of platter options, Cafe Helen is the place to go when one is craving some Lebanese food. It has outdoor seating perfect for if you want to sit with your friends to have sheesha. It has the mixed platter option where you can get the best of both worlds with Lamb and Chicken.
- Location: 105A Edgware Rd, Tyburnia, London W2 2HX
- Available on Uber Eats and Just Eat
- Number: +44 (0) 20 74022072
It has student AND weekend deals so what else would us students need? They have salad and rice boxes which add to the variety of the menu. Apart from the wraps, you can also try their burgers. They have multiple snacks for you to feed on if you don't want to eat a proper meal.
- Location: 180 High Holborn, London WC1V 7AA
- Available on Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Number: + 44 (0) 20 4505 3563
Pizza Pilgrims has vegetarian and halal substitutions available. You just have to ask them to substitute the pepperoni for the halal option. They have a number of vegetarian options available as well which you can feast on. From their margherita pizza to their cacio e pepe balls as appetisers, they have a little bit of everything.
- Various Locations (UK)
- Delivery Option Available
- Website: https://www.pizzapilgrims.co.uk/pizzerias/
- Read Next
- Sign up with your local GP today Student Vlog: Self-care in halls Student Vlog: Salma's study tips Wicked the Musical Student Vlog: Alcohol-free London Student Vlog: Qiufei's winter break PAINTED HALL- Old Royal Naval College Greenwich Exploring London's Cinemas: An Insider's Guide How to Live in London on a Budget How to stay warm through London's winter
- Catered halls weekly menu Our halls guest policy Packing essentials - student halls edition Where can I find support? Connecting to Wi-Fi when you arrive How to do your Laundry: LSE and UoL Halls Edition Banned items in your hall Lilian Knowles House accommodation tour Complete your hall induction Bankside House accommodation tour