Roasted pumpkin and coconut soup
Today, we would like to introduce our FIRST recipe in this series: Roasted pumpkin and coconut soup!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin chopped into chunks
- 700ml vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes (optional for a spicy touch)
- A handful of toasted pumpkin seeds (optional to decorate)
When the fall arrives, it’s time to break out the pumpkin recipes. There are too many ways to celebrate the season’s most iconic edible symbol, find here a selection from our chef Tamas Noll from Bankside House Restaurant.
- Firstly, prepare your stock. Add two cubes of vegetable or chicken stock to 700ml of hot water.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook the finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
- Separately, peeled and cut the pumpkin into chunks and place it in a baking tray with a bit of oil, salt and pepper (some people love to add a touch of cinnamon or nutmeg to it).
- Put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 15min, then check with a fork until it is soft.
- Once the pumpkin is ready, add it to the stock in the saucepan and let it cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and a bit of chilli if you like a spicy touch.
- Add the coconut milk and the coriander.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender.
- You can toast or roast some pumpkin seeds to decorate with chopped coriander and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Read Next
- International Students Tips: Halal Food in London Caring for Your Mental Health: Cold Seasons Earn £10 - Be Part of our Focus Group Elevate Your LSE Student Experience with Yoga Navigating London: Tips from an International Student Study Spots: Unveiling the Best Places Near North London Halls Worldclass ballet on student budget Student Budget-friendly meals: Cooking with pasta Best Alcohol-Free Things to do in London: Winter Edition Student Vlog: Martina's first week
- Catered halls weekly menu Our halls guest policy Packing essentials - student halls edition Where can I find support? How to do your Laundry: LSE and UoL Halls Edition Connecting to Wi-Fi when you arrive Banned items in your hall Complete your hall induction Lilian Knowles House accommodation tour Halls Pilates (High Holborn)