Pizza Dough Recipes
There's nothing better than the smell of baking in your flat, so here's one of the tastiest, not to mention the cheapest and easiest pizza dough recipe that will have you racing to the kitchen.
RECIPE 1: "Fake Sourdough"
- Greek style natural yogurt Sour cream
- Self-rising flour
- Drop of olive oil
Mix together the same amount of natural yogurt, sour cream and self raising flour with a pinch of salt and a drip of olive oil, let it rest for about 20-30 min.
RECIPE 2: Original Pizza Dough
Ingredients (4 x pizza base)
- 1 kg flour
- 600ml water
- 3 gr dried yeast
- 15 gr salt
1. To prepare the dough for the pizza, start pouring the flour in a large mixer bowl.
2. In a small bowl add warm water and then add the yeast, mixing gently until the yeast is dissolved.
3. Turn the mixer on with the hook mounted on medium-to-low speed and start pouring the water little by little, making sure you wait for the previous dose to be absorbed by the flour.
4. Keep kneading until the dough gets smooth and homogeneous. When it gets to that point, keep kneading for about 15/20 minutes.
5. Add the salt and keep the mixer running until the salt is fully combined with the dough.
6. When the salt is fully absorbed, remove the dough from the mixer and knead with your hands until you get a large ball.
7. Place it in a large bowl, cover with foil or a clean humid cloth, then let it rise in the oven with the light on.
8. Wait until the mixture has at least doubled in volume (after 1.5 h). Ideally, you should let it triple in size (at least 3 hours).
9. Once the dough has risen, transfer it on a work surface.
10. Divide it into 4 equal parts and shape them as balls using your hands. Once done, cover them with a clean cloth and let them stand for 30 minutes at room temperature, before using them to make your pizzas.
We've got loads of recipe articles on Halls Life to give you inspiration which you'll be spoilt for choice over!
- Read Next
- International Students Tips: Halal Food in London Caring for Your Mental Health: Cold Seasons Earn £10 - Be Part of our Focus Group Elevate Your LSE Student Experience with Yoga Navigating London: Tips from an International Student Study Spots: Unveiling the Best Places Near North London Halls Worldclass ballet on student budget Student Budget-friendly meals: Cooking with pasta Best Alcohol-Free Things to do in London: Winter Edition Student Vlog: Martina's first week
- Catered halls weekly menu Our halls guest policy Packing essentials - student halls edition Where can I find support? How to do your Laundry: LSE and UoL Halls Edition Connecting to Wi-Fi when you arrive Banned items in your hall Complete your hall induction Lilian Knowles House accommodation tour Halls Pilates (High Holborn)