Melt-in-the-middle 4-minute mug cake
The days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and we are getting hungry earlier!
Prep: 3 mins
Cook: 45 seconds
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 soft chocolate truffle of your choice (we used Lindt Lindor)
- Ice cream or cream, to serve (optional)
- Using a fork, whisk all the ingredients, aside from the chocolate truffle, with a pinch of salt in a large mug (ours was 350ml).
- Push the chocolate into the centre of the batter, and microwave the cake on high for 45 secs until cooked on the outside with a liquid molten centre. Serve hot with ice cream or cream, if you like.
Hope you enjoy it and feel free to share your result and tag us on Instagram at @lsereslife! We've got loads of recipe articles on Halls Life to give you inspiration which you'll be spoilt for choice over!
- Read Next
- International Students Tips: Halal Food in London Caring for Your Mental Health: Cold Seasons Earn £10 - Be Part of our Focus Group Elevate Your LSE Student Experience with Yoga Navigating London: Tips from an International Student Study Spots: Unveiling the Best Places Near North London Halls Worldclass ballet on student budget Student Budget-friendly meals: Cooking with pasta Best Alcohol-Free Things to do in London: Winter Edition Student Vlog: Martina's first week
- Catered halls weekly menu Our halls guest policy Packing essentials - student halls edition Where can I find support? How to do your Laundry: LSE and UoL Halls Edition Connecting to Wi-Fi when you arrive Banned items in your hall Complete your hall induction Lilian Knowles House accommodation tour Halls Pilates (High Holborn)