Catering outlets on campus
LSE has 9 catering outlets on campus where you can find a variety of delicious food and drinks at affordable prices.
Fourth Floor Restaurant
The perfect spot to chat, socialise and meet new people. You can try a full English breakfast in the morning, a large salad and noodle bar at lunch and a supper service in the evening, all in one place. It has its own Café Bar where you can try a selection of speciality breads and fillings to build your perfect lunch.
- Specialities: diverse world cuisines including Italian and Chinese
- Restaurant Serves: breakfast, buffet style lunch and supper, international specialities, pizza, noodle bar, hot and cold drinks
- Café Bar serves: sandwiches, salads, smoothies, cakes, barista coffee and teas
- Opening hours:
- Restaurant Term time only: Mon to Fri: 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Café Bar Term time only: Mon to Fri: 11am to 5pm
- Located: Old Building – 4th floor
LSE Garrick is spread across two floors with a thriving ground floor café and a hidden gem of a downstairs restaurant. The triple certified coffee blend will impress even the most hardened coffee lover. The lunch service runs from 12 noon to 2.30pm and there are hot halal and kosher meals available.
- Specialities: barista coffee and teas, sandwiches, cakes, pastries
- Serves: breakfast, sandwiches, pastries, salads, sushi, snacks, coffee, tea, cold drinks, lunch meals
- Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 8am to 4.30pm
- Located: Ground floor, Columbia House, Aldwych
The Bean Counter
Want some delicious cookies? This is the place to try some cakes or pastries within the peaceful and secluded café. It’s a great place to relax with your friends and colleagues.
- Specialities: coffee, hand-made sandwiches, freshly squeezed juices
- Serves: sandwiches, snacks, pastries, hot and cold drinks
- Opening hours: term time Mon to Fri 8.30am to 4pm
- Located: Basement of 32 Lincoln’s Inn Fields
On the corner of Lincoln’s Inn Fields, offers fantastic street views accompanied by its diverse choice of meals. A great grab and go destination for fresh coffee and pastries. On warmer days, be sure to take your food / drinks outside with a large seating area on offer.
- Specialities: grab and go food lunch options, great vegan selection
- Serves: pastries, hot snacks, sandwiches, salads, hot drinks, cold drinks
- Opening hours: Mon to fri: 8.30am to 6.30pm; Sat to Sun – 12 noon to 6pm
- Located: Ground floor, New Academic Building
Want the perfect pit stop for study breaks? The Café served various snacks to get you through the day, located just outside the library. Talk about perfect location. There’s outside seating or inside seating.
- Specialities: sandwiches, pastries, hot drinks
- Serves: sandwiches, snacks, hot and cold drinks
- Opening hours: term time: Mon to Thur: 8.30am to 8.30pm, Fri: 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Located: John Watkins Plaza
The LSE’s very own traditional 19th Century pub with distinctive Victoria architecture, perfect for lunches or drinks with friends. So why not visit it and enjoy a drink in a very cosy place.
- Specialities: real ales
- Serves: real ales, beer, wine, champagne, craft beers, spirits, bar snacks, light meals, soft drinks
- Opening hours: Mon to Fri: 12 noon to 11pm
- Located: Corner of Portugal Street/ Portsmouth Street
Beaver's Brew Cafe
The ethos of the café is to reduce the use of plastic, being the first outlet 100% plastic free. You can try quality barista coffees, smoothies or their speciality superfood drinks. And if any of their salads or sandwiches don’t tempt you, we can guarantee you will HAVE to try their delicious cakes.
- Specialities: barista coffee, superfood drinks
- Serves: barista coffee and hot drinks, sandwiches, salads and smoothies
- Opening hours: Mon to Fri: 8.30am to 6pm
- Located: Ground floor, Lincoln’s Inn Fields
Take a look at the map below to find your closest outlet:
- Read Next
- Moving in to King's Cross The best things to do in London In Conversation with Olivia Umurerwa Rutazibwa Talk to a Peer Supporter Berlin Festive Trip Volunteer on a Sustainability Campaign! Lightopia London Ice Skating at QUEENS skate dine bowl London Eye Experience Mamma Mia!
- Day Trip to Cambridge & tour Berlin Festive Trip Phantom of Opera Theatre Trip Catered halls weekly menu Where can I find support? Packing essentials - student halls edition Get-Together Escape Room The Crucible London Experience: Halloween Theme